What is Sexual Freedom September?
Sexual freedom is a human right. It means having the freedom to define, explore and experience your own sexuality as you want, without fear of repression or violence.
But women and girls aren’t free to express themselves sexually. SheDecides believes that by Standing Up and Speaking Out together, we can challenge these harmful norms that restrict our sexual freedom.
From 22-29 September 2021, SheDecides will bring activist voices together in an online moment to celebrate sexuality, to demand access to contraceptives and action to end unsafe abortion.
Why September? Because this week marks three international days linked to restrictions placed on women and girls’ sexual freedom:
- Sexuality: Bisexual Visibility Day (23 September)
- Contraception: World Contraception Day (26 September)
- Abortion: International Safe Abortion Day (28 September)
What is happening?
The launch of the latest SheDecides card deck!
The cards feature questions and statements on sexuality, contraception and abortion to spark conversations, break silences and raise voices about the right to sexual freedom!
From 22-29 September @SheDecidesGFI will share the cards, along with activist stories and tips for organising.
How can I take part?
Download the toolkit here and share widely in your networks!
- Follow @shedecidesgfi on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn and watch out for #SexualFreedomSeptember
- Share and repost the Sexual Freedom September cards online to spread the message on sexual freedom or print them out to keep!
- Make your own cards; post them with #SexualFreedomSeptember to tell your own story of Standing Up and Speaking Out for sexual freedom!
- Get inspired - download activists' tips for organising!
Make your own Sexual Freedom September cards!
- Click here to go to the template Sexual Freedom September cards
- Create your free account - all you need is an email address
- Edit them online to tell your own story of Standing Up and Speaking Out for sexual freedom
- Download them and share them on social with #SexualFreedomSeptember