Are you a feminist group working for bodily autonomy and sexual rights?
Are you doing work that organises your community to Stand Up, Speak Out and act together for her right to decide?
Are you looking for funding to help spark your action?
The SheDecides Spark Grants are for young feminist organisers (under 30 years old) from around the world, working in self-led groups to organise, Stand Up and Speak Out for bodily autonomy.
Applications for the current round of Spark Grants are now closed. All applicants will hear whether their applications have been successful by the end of November 2021.
What are Spark Grants?
SheDecides Spark Grants are small grants which aim to spark movement building, led by young feminist groups, collectives, movements and coalitions, for bodily autonomy.
Anyone who is starting to organise can apply for the grants, for any activity that fits with the aim - to 'spark' organising for bodily autonomy. Applicants must be part of a feminist group, collective, movement or coalition.
The Spark Grants range from USD 5,000 to USD 20,000 per project.
Who can apply?
Spark Grants are open for applications from any feminist groups who are organising around bodily autonomy and sexual rights:
- Groups led by women, trans people and gender non-conforming people, aged between 18 and 30.
- Organising projects and campaigns where those people whose sexual rights are at stake are the decision makers, leaders and organisers.
- Groups working from a feminist perspective.
- Groups based in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Arab Region, Eastern Europe.
- Groups working on urgent and contested political issues around bodily autonomy and sexual rights.
- Groups working on structural and systemic change for bodily autonomy and sexual rights.
SheDecides Spark Grants will prioritise nascent groups that have limited resources (e.g. no paid staff, no office space, etc.).
Please note that you do not need a bank account, residence permit or any other form of identification to submit an application, and your group, collective, movement or coalition does not have to be registered as an NGO.
How to apply
Applications for this round of Spark Grants are now closed. For more information about SheDecides Spark Grants please contact the team at email@example.com.